Nominating Committee members are elected each year by the voting stockholders to screen, interview and select director candidates for board elections as well as candidates to serve on the following year’s Nominating Committee. These candidates are placed on the ballots mailed to voting stockholders following the Annual Stockholders’ Meeting.
Nominating Committee Eligibility
- You must own voting stock.
- Your loan(s) must be in good standing/fully Acceptable.
- You may not be considered as a director candidate in the same year you serve on the Nominating Committee.
- You do not have to live in the region with a director election.
The Nominating Committee is responsible for evaluating and nominating qualified individuals to serve on the Board of Directors and on the Nominating Committee. General member responsibilities include:
- Identifying, from a current list of stockholders and other sources, individuals who are qualified and willing to serve as directors.
- Evaluating the qualifications of potential nominees, keeping in mind the desired director qualifications.
- Considering whether any obstacles exist that would prevent a director candidate from performing his or her duties.
- Nominating at least two suitable nominees for each open position.
- Keeping records of meetings.
Nominating Committee members receive compensation at the rate of $500 per day for meetings and $250 per conference call and are reimbursed for any reasonable travel expenses incurred if attending these meetings in person.
Time demands generally include:
- One to two conference calls throughout the year, as needed.
- Two full day meetings (may be in person in Spokane, WA or virtual); one in the spring (late May to early June) to review Nominating Committee responsibilities, screen and select candidates to be contacted regarding board service; and another in the late summer (early to mid-September) to conduct candidate interviews.
- Full name, name of your operating entity, mailing address, email address, cell/phone number.
- Branch affiliation, your loan officer’s name, primary commodity/crop.
Submitting your name does not necessarily result in being contacted for service. However, if you are selected, you will be notified and your name will be placed on the ballot sent to all voting stockholders in the coming year's election.
Thank you for considering participating in this very important process. For more information, review or request a copy of the Farm Credit Administration brochure The Role of Farm Credit System Nominating Committees.