Scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school students who plan to attend a higher-education institution in the fall of 2021; and to college sophomores, juniors and seniors starting classes in the fall of 2021. Any career field or major is eligible. Scholarship winners will be selected based on school and community involvement, scholastic performance and educational goals. All scholarships are $2,500 each.
The deadline to submit an application for a Northwest FCS Customer Scholarship is March 1 each year. Apply Now
By clicking the apply link you will be directed to our third-party service provider’s website. The service provider will collect certain personal information about you to allow us to review and process your scholarship application. By completing the online scholarship application, you intend to interact with the third party for these purposes.
An applicant must be a son or daughter of a current Northwest FCS customer; OR a son or daughter of an employee of a current Northwest FCS customer (the customer or business name must be on the application in order to be considered).
Grandchildren of Northwest FCS customers or customer employees are not eligible. Children or grandchildren of Northwest FCS employees or board members are not eligible.
- be a 2021 high school graduate and
- plan to attend any higher-education institution in the fall of 2021.
- be a 2021 fall quarter (or semester) sophomore, junior, or senior enrolled in a higher-education institution;
- be enrolled in a full-time schedule (12+ credits); and
- not be a previous winner of a Northwest FCS college scholarship. (Note: High school scholarship winners are eligible to apply as long as they are a college sophomore or greater and meet the above requirements.)
What you need to do
- Obtain a copy of your high school or college transcript and save it as a PDF, using the following naming convention for the filename: Firstname-Lastname-Transcript.pdf (for example: Sam-Smith-Transcript.pdf). Unofficial photocopies of your transcript are acceptable.
- Write an essay. An essay helps the judges learn more about you and your future life plans.
- Write an essay, no more than a page in length, discussing the following:
What are your dreams for the future? When you look back on your life in 20 years, what will it take for you to consider your life successful?
- Save your essay as a PDF, using the following naming convention for the filename: Firstname-Lastname-Essay.pdf (for example: Sam-Smith-Essay.pdf).
- Fill out the online Northwest FCS Customer Scholarship Application form and attach your PDF files.
- Essay – Measured by content and message. (20 points)
- Leadership Experience – Measured by positions held in student government, civic, and church groups. (35 points)
- Extracurricular Activities – Measured by participation in sports, school, and community organizations as well as work experience. (35 points)
- Academic Achievement – Measured by grades and transcripts. (10 points)