With more than 15 years of experience working with family businesses in agriculture, we understand your journey and can help you transition to the next generation. Match your family's needs with our resources and get started today.
Learn the Basics
- Family Business Succession
- Succession Planning Videos – Learn from Michael Stolp as he answers important questions regarding business succession planning in this 4-part video series.
- Succession Guide – A step-by-step guide to building your family's strategic succession plan, including facilitator notes for tough conversations. Contact the BMC for a copy of the Family Business Succession Guide.
- Webinars & e-Learning – Basic lessons on the foundations of family business and succession. A great way to engage the family before starting the conversation.
- Family Business Articles – Insights from our experiences working with family businesses throughout the Northwest.
Start the Conversation (and Keep it Going)
Succession Workshops – Interactive, one-day workshops provide a realistic roadmap of the planning process and help get everyone engaged. Local attorneys and accountants address estate planning issues and best practices. Sign up for program and event notifications regarding upcoming workshops.
Build a Plan
Succession Retreat – Get away from the business to learn and discuss lessons from national-level experts on family business and estate planning. This multi-day event gives families an opportunity to engage in conversation and start building a plan.
Talk to a Consultant
Schedule an Office Hours session with a Family Business Advisor to answer your questions and help with your process, free of charge. Click here to email the Business Management Center to schedule your session.
A neutral facilitator can help you address difficult issues, drive progress and develop a plan that works for everyone. Contact the BMC to learn more about one-on-one consulting resources from Northwest FCS and third parties.