Opportunity to Serve on the Northwest FCS 2021 Nominating Committee
Nominating Committee members are elected each year by the voting stockholders to screen, interview and select director candidates for board elections as well as candidates to serve on the following year’s Nominating Committee. The 2020 Nominating Committee will select the candidates to appear on the February 2021 Northwest FCS Director Election ballots.
Nominating Committee Eligibility
- You must own voting stock
- Your loan(s) must be in good standing/ fully Acceptable
- You may not be considered as a director candidate if serving on the Nominating Committee
You do not have to live in the region with a director election in February 2022.
The Nominating Committee is responsible for evaluating and nominating qualified individuals to serve on the Board of Directors and on the Nominating Committee. General member responsibilities include:
- Identifying, from the current list of stockholders, individuals who are eligible, qualified, and willing to serve as directors
- Evaluating the qualifications of potential nominees, keeping in mind the desired director qualifications
- Considering whether any obstacles exist that would prevent a director candidate from performing his or her duties
- Nominating at least two suitable nominees for each open position
- Keeping records of meetings
February 2022 Elections Involve:
Region 2 – (Yakima, Moses Lake, Sunnyside, Wenatchee, Pasco)
Region 6 – (Missoula, Bozeman, Dillon)
Nominating Committee members receive compensation at the rate of $500 per day for meetings and $250 per conference call and are reimbursed for any reasonable travel expenses incurred while attending these meetings.
Time demands generally include:
- One to two conference calls throughout the year, as needed.
- Two in person meetings in Spokane, WA; one in the spring (late April to early June) to review Nominating Committee responsibilities, screen and select candidates to be contacted regarding board service; and another in the late summer (early to mid-September) to conduct candidate interviews.
If you believe you are eligible and would like to be considered for service, provide the following information to Jill Surby at email@example.com by October 9, 2020:
- Your full name, name of your operating entity, mailing address, email address, cell/phone number.
- Your branch affiliation, loan officer’s name, primary commodity/crop.
Submitting your name does not necessarily result in being contacted for service. However, if you are selected, you will be notified and your name will be placed on the February 2021 ballot sent to all voting stockholders.
Thank you for considering participating in this very important process. For more information, review the Farm Credit Administration brochure